Operational field: One piece flow – Kanban – Linefeeding
The United Kingdom, 2017 and Poland, 2018Production: foam pads for automotive seating
Component stock levels at production lines are far too high causing space and health and safety issue
Reduce stock levels at the production line to a maximum of one shift without causing line stops and a reduction of line feeding manpower.
- Calculation of maximum shift requirements per item based on tool availability and maximum
- Reorganization of production line storage layout in accordance with the maximum number of
pieces per component required
- Reorganization of warehouse lay-out and line-feeding trolleys in order to accommodate the
smaller quantity requirements
- Negotiations with suppliers in order to optimize and reduce packaging quantities to come as
close as possible to one shift requirements
- Clean and spacious production area with a place for introducing extra production cells,
- Reduction of one person per shift for line feeding at Wednesbury and two persons per shift at Zory,
- Reduction of scrap rates by 15-20%% because of cleaner shop floor,
- For Zory: introduction of line feeding train with the option of making it an AGV at a later stage.